View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004   #49
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Write-in Sloan Thomas on your Pro Bowl Ballots

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
I think Sloan Thomas has a chance as a return guy as well...speaking of which, Im also looking for him to become the 3rd WR before the 2005 season, moving ahead of Bradford.
This is why I'm not crazy about bring in local players as rookies. Sloan Thomas never started for his college team until they went to the 3 WR set his senior year. He returned a grand total 6 kicks his entire college career. He was a fringe college player who was drafted in the 7th round on the basis of his pro day workout. Nothing wrong with taking a workout warrior in the 7th round, but Thomas has about a 10-15% chance of making it in the NFL. About the same as the other 7 round guys.

Yet, some of you guys think that Sloan can solve the Texans return problems, become the slot WR (if not #2), and basically walk on water. The reality is that the guy has zero chance of contributing as a WR for the Texans this season. He has to be deprogramed from whatever poor techniques he picked up at UT and built from the ground up as a WR. Thomas is a legit athlete, it could happen. But not anytime soon. Where he can make this team is on special teams and his competition for a job isn't with JJ Moses but guys like Bell, Vaughn, plus NFL Europe special team stars Jermaine Lewis & Rober' Freeman.

I realize a ton of you guys are Horn fans. That's cool, but let's try to keep it real concerning a players chances with the Texans. No need to turn this board into a place of worship for all things burnt orange.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote