View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004   #8
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, fair enough. Here's another couple of questions for you.

1) I know that in the NBA, when a player is traded to another team, his "Bird Rights" follow him & can be used by his new team to resign or trade him. With that in mind, if the Texans were to trade for Darius, would they be able to make him a restricted FA by making him a qualified offer? In other words, would his accrued seasons be transferable to the Texans? If not, then forget question #2.

2) Depending on the answer to the 1st question, would you be willing to offer Jacksonville a 4th or 5th round pick in the 24th hour (assuming they get no better offers for him), with the intent being to play him this year, making him a restricted FA (by making him a qualified offer) at the end of the year, & letting the highest bidder have him? Thus, the Texans would get a higher draft pick than the one they gave up.

I know this sounds a little complicated & twisted, but can it be done? I'm not familiar with the workings of the NFL's CBA, so I'm just throwing out an idea for discussion.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote