View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014   #379
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

Just curious - does your family history go back to Texas independence or nationhood?
They migrated to Texas in 1840, so during nationhood. They missed the war by 4 years. They came from Overton County, TN.

They were not in Texas for the War of Independence however many of them were horse soldiers with the Williamson County Grays during the Civil War. I also have a great great uncle that was a Colonel in the 5th Texas. He is on the Texas Gettysburg Monument at the Round Tops.

As I mentioned in the post above, it's why I grew up such a big Civil War buff. I always hated the fact that Texas in general today has really distanced itself from that war mainly due to PC stuff. The Texas Brigade had a lot of heroic moments during that war. They were Lee's favorite brigade. He called them the "Son's of the Alamo" and always bragged how the Texans would never run.

Edit: Sorry, thought that question was for me
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote