View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not disagreeing with you at all V-Man. I think something should be done.

But as an organization I don't think that the Texans will release him mainly because he's one of their defensive stars. It's maybe not right but that's the way that most teams conduct their business. Jamal Lewis is going on trial for some felony drug charges and all the team will say is that he will play every Sunday around his trial. So are they worried about anything other than the team? Nope. I'm just stating my opinion on them keeping him; I've read no comments from any higher ups in the organization or even from Marcus himself.

They could cut him tomorrow and then I can post that I was wrong. But I think the odds are he stays, he goes thru whatever he goes thru with the courts and deals with that. Most posts I've read feel that he will get some probation or some light slap on the wrist. I don't myself know the sentence he could receive if found guilty.

We turn a blind eye to many wrongs in this country. Athletes just happen to be in the spotlight.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote