View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014   #441
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Random Thought of the Day

I've seen a lot of "hands to the face" penalties called on the OL's through the 1st week of preseason and at least one tonight (JAX-CHI). They're saying it's a point of emphasis for this year. It's not a new rule, but I'm guessing it's an attempt to at least appear as if the league is trying to limit the advantage the offense has due to the changes in the rules regarding secondary. This might lead to a few more sacks for DL's, but more than anything it will lead to more penalties and longer games. A part of me knows that safety is important, the game is changing and will never be what it once was. But the other part of me just misses the way football used to be and wished they'd let they knock the $hit out of each other.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote