View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to add my name to the list of board members who appreciate your
analysis and efforts, though I'm not sure if I fully agree(or perhaps understand),the true meaning of the info. But what I do understand is numbers, so here's something you might consider because you're obviously a
bit of a bean counter yourself.
It always annoys me when political journalists trivilalize our economic system
by calling it "tricke down". Of course they may really understand capitalism
and free markets, but simplay have their own political agenda. But I think I'm giving them too much credit when I say they know but just have an agenda - I suspect they do have an agenda and also are dumb as grass when it comes to Econ.
Now, sports jounalists are like that to, because it also annoys me when sports journalists don't compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges when it comes to player comp. One guy gets 10 mill, but spread over 10 years while another guy gets 10 mill payable this year. That's apples and oranges, right ?
The concept of "present value" - 101 Finance. Are the journalists ignorant or
packing an agenda ? You gotta discount the buck you gonna get next year to
the present value of todays buck, then we can talk about player comp in meaningful and informed terms. That's not that advanced. Then we're really gonna know if ,oh say for example, David Carr is making more than Carson Palmer, or vise versa.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote