View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004   #45
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

good points clan, I would take it one step further and say Tony Hollings is a tremendous talent that two years ago a coaching staff decided we've got to get him the ball somehow, hey I got an idea lets make him our RB. Makes you wonder how guys like Portis & Dominack Davis fall in the draft because of size or speed even though they've been RB's their whole football careers. There must be more to it than footspeed, cut-back ability & assorted combine testing.

on another note the Texans would have considered Kevin Jones two years ago in the draft, if he where eligible, possibly even over Andre Johnson, this year he slipped to Detroit with the 30th pick. Steven Jackson has the earmarkings of a great NFL back he was drafted by the Rams #24 pick. Maybe next year we can trade our 2nd, 3rd & 4th round picks to move up and select Texas Cedric Benson or Carnell Williams of Auburn.

no I'm not giving up, this is only a worst case scenero which would not be all that bad considering the Texans finish 8-8. Of course alot depends on how the Offensive lineman work together and injuys adversly affect the team such as Seth Payne & Gary Walker, but thats for another thread.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote