View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004   #8
Fertguy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
I think that the Texans have done an excellent job (imagine trying to hope for a team with a 40 year old QB, a 'fired' WR and a cast off RB). I feel the key to building a franchise in a salary cap regime is having productive, less-expensive players. In the early years, the Texans didn't have a chance. I believe the Texans have now positioned themselves to ensure that they are one of the top franchises, regardless of their record this year. I believe we will all have an opportunity to enjoy this in the upcoming years.
Couldnt agree more... As a lonely diehard texan fan... I know what its like to think there is not a chance. My first and only trip to Reliant was the 2003 titans game & I was tickled it was a good game.... went not expecting to win... much less lose on the last play.

The babin deal signaled, not a win/lose on Casserly, but a significant shift in draft philosophy. All of a sudden we didn't need warm bodies, but talent. I know some may disagree, but I loved it. The decision will be decided in 2005 & 2006 (not 2004 preseason) but the point remains.... the front office is happy and is drafting need not quantity...

HOWEVER... the "terrific twelve" to me is still showing a serious jonesing for the MNF theme song. I dont understand it, other than we look good for the future...

How does NE look with T Brady... or the 98 Broncos with Terrell Davis? To me... oh welll.... I do share your enthusiasm... just not your measuring stick
Fertguy is offline   Reply With Quote