Originally Posted by ObsiWan
See, here's the thing. A.J. believes the answer is "no". So he wants outta here.
Foster is more positive in saying that if the team doesn't get down at the first bump in the road, the answer is "yes". We can get back to being a winning team again.
but I didn't ask you about what "CAN" happen...
I asked you what do you
honestly think WILL
Do you believe they WILL have a winning record?
yes or no?
and in the interest of full disclosure, I say "no".
Don't misunderstand me. I'm not wishing
for a losing season in any
way. I'm predicting
a losing season.
- the history of coaches from the Belichick tree gives me no reason for optimism.
- Fitzpatrick is our QB.
- RAC is putting in an entirely new defense and I'm not sure he has all the pieces he needs to make it work. Especially at ILB.
I ain't saying that we will be drafting in the top five again; I just see another season under .500. Say 6-10 or 7-9.
I'll be elated if I'm wrong.
...and I used to be a card-carrying Sunshine Club member.
With this strength of schedule I could see a 7-9/9-7 season. Because of
1. As bad as Fitzpatrick might be he will be an improvement over the QB the Texans got last yr.
2. BOB wont do as badly coaching the team as Kubiak did last yr and it appears the asst coaching positions have all been upgraded except I have my doubts about OL coach Dunn.
3. I consider RAC to be a huge upgrade at DC ane he's got a lot of talent to work with. If Nix/Cushing stay healthy and play up their potential the Texans will have one of the best front 7's in the NFL.
Who do you see in the Texans division as better?
Colts minus non steroided up Mathis for the 1st 4 games? Locker lead Tacks? Chad Henne and the Jags? Yep, they really scare me.
I could easily see 5-1 within the AFC South and playing the last place schedule another 4 wins shouldn't be out of the question. A lot of this hinges on 1. Fitzpatrick, 2. Health 3. Newton