Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014   #3853
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
True

But if he tears it up on the field next yr and as I said before I don't think he will ever amount to much more than a slightly above avg QB at best, all of his antics/partying will be embraced.

If he does well he will be the NFL's new Layne/Namath with unlimited marketing possibilities. These same things were said about Manziel when he came out of high school about his game translating to college. I like Manziel's brashness and if he plays well the rest of the Browns will follow his lead.

Like I said above I don't think it's going to happen for JM in the NFL, but it should be a fun ride figuring it out. I actually hope I'm wrong and JM succeeds. It would be great for the NFL.
I don't see how a spoiled brat becoming a NFL success is really going to be great for the NFL. I personally like the stories of kids who had it rough, the ones who faced adversity and work their asses off to make it. Like the movie "Blindside", those are inspiring.

On the other hand i don't find a kid who was spoon fed by his parents, charged for his autograph in college, and has to always make a fool of himself inspiring. Just my opinion of course.