View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004   #38
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I was down on Hollings after the game last weekend because he was terrible in that particular game. He was and there's no way around that. Not every NFL RB gets to run behind a good offensive line, and they have to make some of their own opportunities when they're not getting much help up front.

BUT--after watching the tape, I definitely agree with aj that Todd Wade got repeatedly crushed by the Pittsburgh d-line. On the other end, Wand was missing assignments and not doing a lot to give the QBs time. Hollings definitely did not get much daylight on the line. I don't think any of our backs would've fared too much better. So I'm trying to be "fair and balanced" on my criticism of Hollings' performance...
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote