Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014   #3851
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
At 21 years old, we tended to do some things that we wouldn't do when we became older. Even so, most of us showed "growth" leading up to that landmark age. But we also weren't drafted as a high pick into the NFL with high hopes of being a top QB with all eyes upon us, trying to gain the respect of our teammates (especially older vets), fans and the people that pay our checks. Whether some people are prepared to admit it or not, maturity level will factor heavily into level of confidence all of those entities have or don't have in his ability to lead, their support of him, and the opportunities that they open up or close up for him . The bottom line is that he is getting as poor guidance today as he did by his parents when he was growing up at home...........and he has no more insight today at 21 than he had at 13.
True

But if he tears it up on the field next yr and as I said before I don't think he will ever amount to much more than a slightly above avg QB at best, all of his antics/partying will be embraced.

If he does well he will be the NFL's new Layne/Namath with unlimited marketing possibilities. These same things were said about Manziel when he came out of high school about his game translating to college. I like Manziel's brashness and if he plays well the rest of the Browns will follow his lead.

Like I said above I don't think it's going to happen for JM in the NFL, but it should be a fun ride figuring it out. I actually hope I'm wrong and JM succeeds. It would be great for the NFL.