Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014   #3849
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Manziel is 21 yrs old. How many of y'all were mature at 21 yrs old? Are y'all sure that y'all aren't jealous that y'all weren't able to be able to live the life JM's living at 21?

BTW, I didn't want the Texans to draft Manziel. I don't think his game is going to translate. But I don't hold HIS lifestyle against him. I'm a to each his own kinda guy. I hope the Texans kick the crap out of the Manziel lead Browns this yr.
At 21 years old, we tended to do some things that we wouldn't do when we became older. Even so, most of us showed "growth" leading up to that landmark age. But we also weren't drafted as a high pick into the NFL with high hopes of being a top QB with all eyes upon us, trying to gain the respect of our teammates (especially older vets), fans and the people that pay our checks. Whether some people are prepared to admit it or not, maturity level will factor heavily into level of confidence all of those entities have or don't have in his ability to lead, their support of him, and the opportunities that they open up or close up for him . The bottom line is that he is getting as poor guidance today as he did by his parents when he was growing up at home...........and he has no more insight today at 21 than he had at 13.