View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 93420 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill O'Brien mic'd up at practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I worked in New Orleans and lived across the bridge on the North Shore for a few years on a job and the reason I left was all the crime. Driving across that 24 mile bridge every day sucked, especially when it was foggy! I cannot even imagine actually living in or around the metro area, but yea the food and the French Quarter was awesome.

If you are not from there, the people treat you like an outsider. They never fully accept you, and they openly admit it.

Nice place to visit, but you don't want to live there. I left about 6 months before Katrina hit. The house I had been renting was flooded to roof level, and pine trees had fallen on and collapsed the roof. The home owner sent me photos afterwards.
I hear what you mean about the crime. I don't deal with that well myself. Austin's low crime rate is a luxury. People here have no idea how good they have it.

I've only spent time in downtown and the French Quarter, but the culture, food, music, and high ratio of pretty girls keeps me going back. Some of the locals I've become friends with over the years have tried to convince me to move there, but honestly, that place would kill me. Too much of a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
It's not like Houston has crappy food. The better jobs and greater opportunity out weigh the food.

I like New Orleans.. I have family there. Great place to visit, but I'd rather live here.
I really miss the seafood in Houston. Austin is lacking comparatively.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote