View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014   #302
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
If someone really wants to challenge themselves by looking beyond their own internal thought processes, consider this scenario:

The NFL grants an expansion team to San Antonio.

The owner/city decides to "honor" Hispanics (as a whole) by calling the team the San Antonio Brownskins.

The logo on the side of the helmet is a sombrero. Like this one:

And every created 'tradition' includes stereotyping ALL Hispanic and Latin American cultures into simple cartoonish caricatures.

I wonder how "honored" all Hispanics would feel with such a thing?[/i]
I wonder if 90%+ won't find it offensive. I wonder if the local LULAC chapters will write in voicing their approval of said franchise.

(for those that missed the thread in the NSZ, this comparison was tried with African Americans)

The unlikelihood of those two events happening should tell you all you need to know about the validity of the comparison.