View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Merry Xmas, Happy New Year & a 2015 Texans Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I usually start my draft season by reviewing the Top 100 high school recruits who are in their 3rd and 4th years of college to see how they're progressing. Then I check NCAA stats and make a list of the top 50 in most categories that were not in the 2014 draft. Then I scout the all american teams including small colleges and that's how a I start my evaluations. That gets you between 400-500 names and that's about all can handle in a season.

The media draftniks mostly think alike, part of group think. They're afraid to go outside of main stream, afraid of being ostracized and ridiculed. Their love for Manti Teo and Teddy Bridgewater are perfect examples of media group think.
I look at Rang's/Cooney's/Sidelineviws lists. SV currently has a great list. Then I watch a lot of SEC because they are the best conference in the country the Big 12 Go Horns and catch the late Pac 12 game. I watch very little Big 10 unless there is a prospect I really want to get a closer look at (Robinson/Lewan for example and I usually find another guy or 2 I like from those games. Daquan Jones/Schofield/Gallon) Also if there is a great team I will watch them like Michigan St. vs Notre Dame both of those teams will have great prospect. I will usualy Watch Fla.St.?Clemson/Miami games.

Then if I hear of great prospects like TB/Bortles I will watch them and and usually come across a guy like Storm Johnson or Pryor.

Then I look at small schools that have had highly rated prospects transfer there McCown to SHSU, Janzen Jackson to McNeese St.. Darrick Rodgers Tennese St. Isaiah Crowell Alabama St. etc... or Rey gives me a lead to a guy like Carlos Fields Jr/Garappollo. This adds up to somewhere around 200/250 players a yr.

Overall I just love watching college football and being a draftnik as a hobby.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote