View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Merry Xmas, Happy New Year & a 2015 Texans Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I usually start my draft season by reviewing the Top 100 high school recruits who are in their 3rd and 4th years of college to see how they're progressing. Then I check NCAA stats and make a list of the top 50 in most categories that were not in the 2014 draft. Then I scout the all american teams including small colleges and that's how a I start my evaluations. That gets you between 400-500 names and that's about all can handle in a season.

The media draftniks mostly think alike, part of group think. They're afraid to go outside of main stream, afraid of being ostracized and ridiculed. Their love for Manti Teo and Teddy Bridgewater are perfect examples of media group think.
As we know bloggers and talking head are interested in air time or follower count, but some do have good info. The good thing about the 3 Amigos joining for our mocks is we share info and act as "critique" of each others opinions. We have been together so long and respect each other so we can get right to heart of an issue without making anyone of the three mad. We also never forget it is fun and try not to take ourselves too seriously.