View Single Post
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Merry Xmas, Happy New Year & a 2015 Texans Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Still early but I agree with you on Petty. As you know there are just so many guys who come out of the blue during a season, then injuries in college are so crazy simply due to numbers. You put tons of effort into a player then weeks into the season he wipes out and you start over the next season if he has one. I hated watching Nix in 2013 after his terrific 2012 & could not figure out why most notable sites kept him in first round. Sort of felt justified when he was there for us to go get in third. I probably worked poor CnD out with "what's the latest doc?".

My biggest problem is not getting enough film to review on players I am interested in. Don't know if you do this but I reduce my efforts by concentrating on players I think will help Texans an who will be available when we pick. For example, I did not watch as much of Sua'Filo as I was convinced he would be gone late first. I saw enough to want him and was thrilled when he was there #33.
I usually start my draft season by reviewing the Top 100 high school recruits who are in their 3rd and 4th years of college to see how they're progressing. Then I check NCAA stats and make a list of the top 50 in most categories that were not in the 2014 draft. Then I scout the all american teams including small colleges and that's how a I start my evaluations. That gets you between 400-500 names and that's about all can handle in a season.

The media draftniks mostly think alike, part of group think. They're afraid to go outside of main stream, afraid of being ostracized and ridiculed. Their love for Manti Teo and Teddy Bridgewater are perfect examples of media group think.