Thread: Babin vs. Peek
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
My point was that Babin looks to be better suited than Peek at stopping the run.
I agree that Babin is already ahead of Peek as a run stuffer. Maybe I should have pointed that out.

I also believe that Babin is ahead of the 1st year version of Peek as a pass rusher. Can you imagine Babin coming up with an average of 0.1 sacks/game? He should top that on O-line blown assignments alone. Where's your case for "He may not end up being as good of a pass-rusher as Peek "? I don't see it. At least I didn't see it during Peek's rookie season.

That's the difference between a 1st rounder (like Babin) and a 3rd rounder (like Peek). Both have the physical ability to play in the league, the 1st rounder is generally able to contribute sooner. At best, Peek is a situational pass rusher in his 2nd year. Hopefully, an everydown player in his 3rd season. Babin will be an everydown player his rookie year. Two rounds apart in the draft, 2 seasons apart in development.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote