View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014   #249
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was curious about the 'one drop rule', so I looked it up.

Turns out it originated with white folks during 1960s Jim Crow laws in the south. Go figure.

So, yeah, because of racist whitey, it did only apply to blacks in order for them to be officially discriminated against.
I'm just being facetious about the whole thing because I find the entire affair to be ludicrous on both sides. Hook'Em's comment about being half NA not mattering struck me funny after 6 years of hearing about our "black" President that grew up between Asia and a beach in Hawaii.

So I'm pretty much rolling my eyes at both threads on the topic every other post.