View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014   #87
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 294395 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans mandatory minicamp 2014: June 17-19

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
It was pretty cool to watch Quessenberry walk on the field and see the rest of his teammates notice one-by-one. #Texans
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
Best moment of #Texans offseason? Easy! David Quessenberry handed his #77 jersey by his O-line & able to take positional picture!!

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
Ben Jones fields wobbling punt by diving and rolling over and jumps up & celebrates as only Ben can. Teammates rush over as vacation begins.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Ben Jones caught a kick that ended practice early. A celebration followed. #Texans
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
#Texans practice over and now so is mini camp. Great to see David Quessenberry out at practice with his team.

Practice started, Ben Jones caught a squib punt. Practice over. David Quessenberry also addressed the #Texans
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Good sight seeing David Quessenberry come out to the field. Plenty of hugs from his teammates and staff after seeing him arrive. #Texans
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
O'Brien knew Quessenberry would be able to come if his white blood cell count was at the right level and the doctors allowed him. #Texans

Definite last day of school vibe today for the final day of minicamp. JJ Watt walked by with a "have a great summer guys!" #Texans
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock
Quote:
"He's going to come in here and battle at the ILB spot and special teams" On Akeem Dent

"I know it meant a lot to him and I know it meant a lot to them" On Quessenberry being around teammate

"That's a special thing" O'Brien on having Quessenberry here today.
Dave Zangaro @DZangaro
Quote:
Powe was up next if Ben Jones couldn't catch the punt. Said he was confident he would catch it. #Texans

Jerrell Powe said Quessenberry's main message to the team was to thank his teammates for support and that he was gonna kick cancer's butt.

"You try to pick an offensive lineman that’s a fun guy, a good guy, a hard-working guy." OB on why he picked Ben Jones to catch the punt

"It's not really a vacation time." O'Brien on the next month for his team #Texans

"I know it meant a lot to the team and I know it meant a lot to him." -- O'Brien on Quessenberry #Texans
Drew Dougherty @DoughertyDrew
Quote:
"I advised all the rookies to be around quite a bit during this break."- O'Brien on #Texans in between now and training camp.

O'Brien: Full contact practices will start 3 days into #Texans training camp.

O'Brien on new #Texans ILB Akeem Dent: "He'll battle for ILB spot and special teams."

Rookie K David Boswell pooch punted OL Ben Jones and he caught it. Because of that, #Texans practice was over.

"I know it meant a lot to the team." O'Brien on Quessenberry's attendance at #Texans practice.

OL David Quessenberry watched #Texans practice today. "It was great to see him out there,"-Bill O'Brien.

O'Brien talking w/media now. Cut practice short today. "Good meeting, good walkthrough. Time to take a break."
James Palmer @JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Bill O’Brien said he’s advised all the rookies to stick around Houston during the break. #Texans

I’m not sure if a Havard guy has ever been described with a Cowboy Mentality. - O’Brien on Posey saying Fitzpatrick has a CM as in tough.

Akeem Dent is a guy that’s going to battle for the inside linebacker spot and special teams. #Texans

O’Brien talked about how great of a family David Quessenberry comes from. Great moment for the team. #Texans

O’Brien said this team has put in a lot of time because they started early bc of a new staff. Reason they ended early. #Texans

David Quessenberry won't be available to the media. He already had to leave the facility. Great to see him at practice though. #justawesome
Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
Jadeveon Clowney remains on track, #Texans' O'Brien said. #NFL

Bill O'Brien designated Ben Jones, who's obviously very special, to catch practice-ending punt. #NFL #Texans

Boswell made final wobbly, punt to Ben Jones.
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Being physically and mentally tough is important to O'Brien. That's why they'll have some full-contact practices.

O'Brien plans to have a lot of full-contact practices in training camp. Texans also practice against Falcons and Broncos.

Bill O'Brien said he's pleased with his draft choices but "the real test comes in camp when we put the pads on."

Last edited by Playoffs; 06-19-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote