View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014   #1130
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71256 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I'm very attached emotionally to Earl and Bum (may he rest in peace) because they were from HERE! Earl played a my parents' high school, (Tyler-John Tyler) where I first saw him play and Bum shared a back fence in Orange with a close personal friend. I'm also friends with his ex son-in-law.

Akeem I was connected too, but not Hakeem. That is someone totally different in my opinion.
I hear ya...I don't remember earl and bum much. I was about 8 or 9 when the rockets won their rings. And dream is my all time favorite athlete. But I'm not really "attached" I don't think.

I root for rashard Lewis because he is from my neck of the woods and went to my high school. But as bad as I wanted him to get a ring and as wrong as I felt about it, I just couldn't bring myself to root for the heat.

I understand it. I get it. But for me personally I just don't feel overly committed to these guys. I like what they do on the field, in the community...but I don't really know them. They're athletes and I think football is a different kind of entertainment (I understand the emotions/affinity for players)...I just don't get that attached to individual players. I like them. I'm just not going to feel any emotions when they are no longer around.