View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014   #1126
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 84406 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
The bold is where I think you keep saying incorrectly that he is using some "special privilege" other players do not have. All the vets can do the same thing he is doing but chose not to. None is an 11 year with individual stats that he has. They chose to show he did not.

Any worker can decide to not show for work and experienced the consequences which would be different for many. That is what he is doing. He did not create the consequences; the players union and the owners created the consequences. His choice does not make him wrong, it just means some disagree or like me wish he had chosen differently.

I also think you are wrong if you think some employees do not get treated differently than coworkers if they are demonstrably better than those coworkers.
While the bolded is true, most employers would not put up with it and would fire the employee unless they were essential and in that case, they would immediately begin finding a replacement so it they wouldn't be placed in that position again.

This is out of character for him and I suspect the wrong guy has his ear right now. Family can make you do foolish things.