View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014   #1124
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 67318 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
Why do people make half assed comments like this? Why don't you read it yourself?

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/...-2011-2020.pdf

I glossed over the nfl contract portion. It just basically says if a player willfully misses practice, workout, off season stuff etc he can be fined up to a certain extent. The fact that they even word it in the manner they did shows that it always has been and will continue to be a right of a player to holdout for any reason. It defintely doesn't speak of this bullcrap alot of other posters are saying "Well he signed a contract. He owes it to the team" I haven't seen a clause about that BS. It's a business. Get over it.
I love how you interpret a fine to mean it is a players right to hold out. Why in the hell would they be fining a player if it was their right to hold out? That has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
So, you're going to just continue and make **** up? That's about it, right?

YOU think he's a quitter, and YOU think signing a contract means that only one side gets to assert their options under that contract?

What did I make up? As I said in the message above, why would the team or league fine a player for something that was their right to do? If it is a right, there would be no fine. To say otherwise is utter nonsense.

This is an option players use when they do not have leverage because they are locked into a binding contract, and it is not a right. It's a strategy players use, but it is NOT a right. The fact that you have reduced your argument down to defending a hold out shows how disconnected from reality you are.

If it were Jon Weeks, or John Doe pulling this BS, you would all be screaming for his head. But because it is Dre, you want to give him a pass. That's called a double standard, and hypocrisy.

Most of you called for a culture change, and said the team was soft. So that change finally comes, and now you want to make exceptions for a star player. So much for culture change.

So now it has become less about the player and the situation, and more about attacking someone you disagree with, even though you all know holding out, for any reason is frowned upon and is a rather childish way to do business. I encourage all of you to try this crap where you work.

Send me a postcard from the unemployment line.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz