Thread: Center Battle
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014   #76
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Center Battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
In "this system" it's traditionally been the QBs duty to call the protection. That's one of the "OB expects his QB to do more." stuff.
You're still missing the point. There are a plethora of calls going on presnap. A QB MIGHT influence the blocking scheme to shade to the strong side of the defense, or the other variables I pointed out. If you are saying that the QB is going to be able to pick up shades on a DLineman and then tell the guys up front who to pick up, THEN make a presnap read, adjust his WR's etc... etc.... well then I'll just have to disagree.

Tom Brady doesn't do that. Not sure where this myth that a Belichick/OBrien QB will make every single call on the field came from.