Thread: Center Battle
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014   #73
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Center Battle

I just rewatched the first half of the 34-7 trouncing of the Colts in 2011.

The O-line was pretty much flawless as the Texans jumped out to a 24-0 lead.
Winston then allowed a sack on 2nd down; the Texans couldn't convert on third down and settled for a FG to go up 27-0.
The D stopped the Colts again and Jacoby returned a punt for a TD.
Texans were up 34-0 at the half.

Game over.
I'd like to see the O-line put up similar performances this year.
It won't matter who's at QB.

Oh, I also saw Collins ran back 20 yards before grounding the ball intentionally (for a 15-yd penalty) to avoid a sack.
The good thing for him was that he had time to throw the ball away without the fear of being intercepted or something else bad happened.
If the pass rusher was right on top of him, Collins would have had to take a twenty-yard sack, at least.
Damn stupid veteran QB.
Wonder how he got to play in the SB.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote