View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014   #102
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is Derek Newton Still a Texan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Was he there during ota's? I know he was there at some point.

I don't understand why they'd put him there if they intended to play x at lg and brooks at right...

I thought brooks was at lg sometime before the draft. I never saw anything else about where they were lining up.

If he was at lg after x was drafted, then I think they are at least considering him for lg. Oline is a position group where you king of want to get your starters locked in. Don't wanna be moving guys all over. Unit continuity with the OL is probably more important than any other position group.
They're allowed to participate in ROOKIE camp. Pretty sure that's when we saw him. Then back to graduate. He should be back for mandatory but has fallen way behind so will stick to guard and not guard & tackle like O'Brien wanted to do. Don't have a link but IIRC that was an exchange between John Harris an Marc Vand'mr on "Inside The Huddle" a few weeks back.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote