Thread: Center Battle
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014   #47
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88550 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Center Battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The problem with this statement is the belief that OB doesn't use a ZBS.

He does.

I expect Myers to continue to fit right in.
All zone schemes aren't created equal.

From my understanding this will be more of a power type zone whereas kubiaks was more on the finesse side.

Kubiaks zone was more about getting the defense to move sideways whereas this zone (I think) will be more straight ahead type zone. More inside the tackles zone and less outside stretch type stuff

Not really commenting on Meyers effectiveness...just pointing out that while we are still going to use zone, it'll be different than what we've seen in the past. Less cutback stuff and more hit the hole.

And really I'd say most nfl teams run some variation of zone blocking.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote