View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014   #1399
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 351224 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
(on if there was a plan in place for Xavier Su’a-Filo knowing that he was going to miss time due to graduation requirements) “There is a plan for everything that we do. There is a plan for every single thing that we do; with every player, with every practice and with every part of installation. We knew that when we drafted him that he was going to have to go back and finish up his time at UCLA this year. That is where he is at and I believe that he will be back sometime next week. They have the iPads, and I believe that he took the iPad with him. He’s been studying and he seems to be a very conscience kid. So when he gets back, we’ll throw him right into the mix.”

(on if the team is on schedule heading into minicamps) “I think so. I think the true test for any football player, especially on the offensive and defensive line, linebacker, fullback and tight end, is when the pads go on. As far as OTAs and heading into minicamp, we’ve thrown a lot at these guys. These guys have competed very hard. We’ve been pleased with the way that they practice.

It is really a fun bunch of guys to coach. Every day I come here along with our staff and we feel good about who we are coaching and we feel like we are on target as far as what can we do in OTAs with no pads on.

These guys have done, we’ve done two minute, we’ve done red area, we’ve done third down, we’ve done four minute, we’ve done backed up and we’ve done all of the special teams over and over again. As far as that goes, I think we’re on track. When training camp comes we’ll put the pads on, and at that time that is when you can really see who can play football.”

(on his coaching style and how he is putting his stamp on the team) “I think we’re all in it together. We’re coaches and it is our job to teach these guys how we want them to play football in our systems and our vision. At the same time we want input, especially from the guys that have played a lot of football.

We have a lot of respect for guys like Duane Brown, guys that have played a lot of football in this league, and there are many of those guys on this team. I think it has been a team effort so far. We’re off to a decent start. You know, again, the true test will be training camp. For any football team, I think that is the big test.

Like I’ve said before, I enjoy being around these guys. It is a very respectful locker room. It is a bunch of guys that want to work hard. They show up to work every day ready to learn and ready to practice hard. That is what makes coaching these guys fun. Again, like I said, when training camp starts, we really have got to find out who the guys are.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-294b17383539
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote