View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014   #27
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney had sports hernia surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
The prospect doesn't look good, does it? Reading between the lines, the #1 pick has groin surgery, needs foot surgery, is having trouble picking up the nuances of the OLB position, has red flags about work ethic. I know the Texans tried to trade out of the pick, but perhaps asked too much. Now that we're down to no depth at RT, Greg Robinson would have been a pick of the ages.

This is the stuff that makes or breaks GM's.
I don`t know if it is time to panic yet. So far the injuries don`t seem "life threatening" and could be taken care of before the season starts. Clowney wasn`t injured a lot before, at least he is not known as an injury prone player. Maybe his drop in production even had something to do with the sports hernia?

IŽd have loved the Robinson pick, but I am also on the Clowney bandwagon. He clearly had the most impressive tape I watched out of all the prospects and he plays at a high value position and is said to be one of the best defensive prospects of the last 15 years. So let`s see how this plays out before we panic.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote