View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014   #395
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 OTAs begin May 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I knew you were going to say that.

Watch more games. Often times you'll see a LB walk right up to the line and come on a blitz. When a LB walks up to the line like that, they aren't going to be unacounted for.

And clowney would not be trying to push the pocket. He'd be trying to get penetration.

Lots of teams have nascar packages where you have 4 edge rusher type guys on the field. Normally in sure passing situations and against a qb that isn't prone to scramble.

As far as strength goes, clowney is plenty strong enough to rush the passer from the interior and it's not all about strength anyways. Especially against OLinemen who are going to be giving ground in a pass situation.

It's not that you can't have the opinion that clowney can't rush from inside, but the reasons you're giving don't make a lot of sense IMO.

Have you ever played football? in what bizarre world are the interior OLinemen taught to 'give ground'?

So you're saying that Clowney with his awesome first step is going to split a C and G on his way to the QB. First it was about him doing it as a NT all alone, then it turned to a 'nascar' package. What is it going to be next? Giving ground ... good stuff.