View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014   #341
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8544 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't know where you get the info from.

1. Arm.

Ourlads has record of QB ball velocity and Keenum doesn't have a weak arm.

It shows he has stronger arm then either Schaub or Yates.

There were plenty of game films that I had mentioned in my many posts on instances where he threw across his body, etc.

2. Blitz and pressure.

PFF has their own independent study, showing that Keenum was better than some names that command big paydays out there.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...and-the-blitz/

In fact, he was doing this with a near to bottom pass pro (check the Keenum's thread for numbers from independent studies from SI and PFF), a decimated running game, poor ST, a D that gave up a ton of points, and against 5 top ten defensive teams against points allowed.

For a first - time starter, that is at least a very encouraging sign.

There is only one stat that Keenum is highly rated at that is record as a starter 0-8 even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.
1. Arm isn't stronger than Yates maybe about the same. Eye test watched him and Yates at open practice and thought Yates had a stronger arm.
2. Eye test and actual game tape says he sucks at picking up the blitz. Unless running backwards and loosing lots of yards is good.

Sent from the future...
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote