View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014   #1396
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 293187 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
---(on if the installation schedule is on track) “Well we have two weeks left. We have this week and next week. We are on schedule. We’re probably a little bit ahead of schedule on certain things like two-minute, and maybe behind schedule on a couple things like the red area, so we’ve got to get caught up there. We are definitely on schedule with special teams.

Now when I say ‘on schedule’ I’m not saying it’s anywhere close to where it needs to be, but install wise, the guys when they come to training camp they won’t be hearing things for the first time.

I think the coaching staff has done a good job of that and the guys have done a really good job of coming back to work every week and obviously studying from the previous week.”
---(on the role of the Director of Football Research)Jimmy Bernhardt is our Director of Football Research. He’s a very knowledgeable guy. He coached me in college. He’s a guy that helps us with situational football, which includes two-minute, red area, four-minute, third down, on both sides of the ball and on specials teams.

He’s very involved in the rules. The rules in the NFL are updated or changed every year and so he’s involved with that. He’s our liaison with the officials. We’ll have officials here tomorrow and Friday, so he’ll be a guy that speaks with them along with myself obviously.

On gameday, he’ll be upstairs. He’ll be watching tendencies and being aware of what situation we’re in, time management, all these different things. So he does a little bit of everything and he’s been a big help to me. He came with me to Penn State and he’s here with me and done a great job.”
---(on if the NFL has been in to visit with the team and discuss the new schedule and what he wants his locker room environment to be like) “I think the (NFL) is coming in during the mandatory minicamp next week, I believe, one of those days there. So they haven’t been in yet.

We’re looking forward to them coming in because we had a lot of discussions about that, not myself, I sat and observed and listened at the owner’s meeting and listened to what veteran coaches had to say. It was really, in my opinion, the best part of the owner’s meeting was listening all the different issues and things all the great head coaches in this league think about when they think about respect in the locker room.

I believe that we have a very respectful locker room. We have a bunch of good guys here, high-character guys. Guys that care about each other. You can see that in the way they practice, the way they take care of each other in practice. You can see that when you walk through the locker room.

I meet with a group of guys every couple of weeks and talk to them about those things. I think we have a very respectful culture here and we just need to keep that going and keep the communication between the coaching staff and the players very much alive, which we will. I think that’s what it’s all about. It’s about communication, respect for each other, respect coach to player, player to player, player to coach and I believe that’s what we have here right now.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...f-58c60ab767ea
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote