View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014   #53
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: espn says "Texans: 25th best roster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Should've kept my mouth shut... had a positive thread going & I had to screw it up.
Well if the answers to the questions I posed are positive, then we can still compete for the playoffs.

The optimist in me says the answers will go thusly...

Too many open questions still remain....

will we fix the right side of the O-line?
Yes, Quess fills the RT spot like a champ and Xavier Su'a-Filo steps in an plays RG admirably.
who will step up and play LG?
Ben Jones steps in and plays the level Wade Smith did when he first got here.
can Foster flourish in this new offense the way he did under the stretch offense?
Foster will be used like the Pats used Stevan Ridley. Alfred Blue will be our bruiser, thus saving wear and tear on Foster.
Can the guys we think that will start at OLB (or ILB for that matter) be effective in pass coverage?
Non-problem. RAC will dial up so many blends of blitzes and Watt/Clowney stunts that the LBs won't have to cover for more than 2 - 2-1/2 secs at the most.
If A.J. comes back how long will it take for whoever starts at QB to click?
A.J. will come back for mandatory OTAs at the end of June. By the end preseason Fitzpatrick will realize the quick slant to A.J. (and resulting YAC yds) are his bestest friend ever.
WILL A.J. come back?
See above
Is Graham our #1 TE? If so, will he step his game up this year?
No. The big rookie, Fiedorowicz will take his job. Big (in more ways than one) upgrade for the position.
Are we really gonna start Fitzpatrick??
Yep. But he knows this is his last/best chance to make a positive name for himself. He won't blow it by trying to be too much of a hero. There are too many weapons around him - Foster, Andre, Fiedorowicz, Hopkins, etc. - for him to have to win games by himself; just get them the ball in space and watch the show.

See, I can be positive.
...on the right mix of drugs.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote