View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: espn says "Texans: 25th best roster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Mercilus isn't an elite talent. He may be only a slightly above avg pass rusher. He certainly wont fit what RAC wants in his SAM to cover TE's/RB's. So to me this spells out situational pass rusher.

RAC is all about putting players is situations to succeed. Pass rush is what Mercilus does best and there's great value in that role.
I didn't think RAC's 3-4 had a "traditional" "SAM" backer. I thought he used more of a ROLB & a LOLB, where they're responsibilities are pretty much the same. Either one can be dropped into coverage at any time, lending to the unpredictability of the Defensive front.

IOTW, both OLBs will have to be fairly adept at rushing the QB, setting the edge, containing the backside, & dropping into coverage. While Mercilus' strong suite may not be dropping into coverage or setting the edge, his position on the team is going to be determined by an overall grade.

I think.