View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014   #43
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: espn says "Texans: 25th best roster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Here's the way I see it, based off of last yr (Injuries included.)

Brown - is a green with a chance to be a blue. Due to injury and playing next to an injured W.Smith.

Foster- Should be a light green because he's coming off back surgery and you don't know how long it will be before his back goes out again.

Cushing- Who knows what his level of play will be or if he will get injured again. Light green seems fair.

Watt/AJ- Definitely Blue.
Fitzpatrick= Orange, I agree.
Griffin= Agreed/ Graham will be replaced by Fiedo so this grade should be a purple.

Hopkins- Yellow = Agreed with a chance for great improvement in yr 2.
Martin- Agreed. Luckily he will only be the KR/PR if he even makes the team. I look for Posey/Labhart/Bonner to take Martin's spot on the roster. So this position will be upgraded.

Jones- Orange= Agreed, but Su'a-Filo was drafted to be a major upgrade so I don't think this grade is fair.

Myers/Brooks- Light Green= Agreed, But I look for a big improvement from Brooks as a 2nd yr starter.

Newton-Red= Agreed, But he will get better or be replaced by Ques/Williams/Witzmann. I look for this position to be a lot better than most people think this yr.

Powe- Gray = Agreed, But I feel Nix, if healthy will become the best NT since the Texans inception. Massive upgrade.

I'm not sold on Nix at this point. He didn't look very good last year. The year before he looked great. Which one will we be getting? Hopefully he just wasn't a 100% last year and will return to the previous years form. I see why he fell to the third round. Still great value there but he's no sure thing. I'm not ready to proclaim him better than Payne at this point. Fingers crossed though....

Crick- Orange = Agreed, Crick has potential to be a light green, since this is his 1st real chance to get PT.

I just don't see Crick fitting in in this defense. This is from his biggest supporter in his draft. Hope I'm wrong. I see Peagan and Mathews getting the lions share of snaps opposite of Watt.

Reed- Red= Disagree. Reed should have been playing ILB all along. He will be a major upgrade. Great against the run and can cover the deep middle against TE's.

Mercilus- Orange= Agreed, Situational Pass rusher at best. I hope that Tarpinian (SP?) or Williams can beat Mercilus out. This position needs upgrading.

I don't see Mercilous fitting in here at all except as a backup to Clowney. He has never been asked to cover anyone.

Joseph- Light green= Disagree, Joseph's play has really suffered due to injury the last couple of yrs. He has been playing at an orange level. But if healthy he could become a blue/green level player.

Jackson- Yellow = Agreed.
Harris- Orange= Agreed, he needs to improve majorly or be replaced.
Swearinger- Orange= Agreed, But if he can keep his head on his shoulders I look for Swearinger to be one of the most improved players on the roster.

Clemons- Agreed

Thoughts?
I hope this coaching staff lets the offseason dictate who gets playing time. I see Boyie (sp) ousting Harris for a roster spot. He should of been on the roster last year.