View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014   #287
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick visiting Texans (signs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Rich Gannon & Brad Johnson both generally sucked and are known essentially for single or few year stretches in the middle of careers of mediocrity.

Fitz is a strange case. He has a lot of starts but I view him more as a backup who has fallen into the starts rather than ever really having been a starting QB and TD/INT is a flaky thing to judge for backups. Having said that, I hope like hell someone beats him out because to me the reasonable expectation for him is a marginal gain over last year's Schaub and nothing approaching pre-injury Schaub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
My thoughts exactly. I will add, the bar is low. I think they set the bar low on purpose. If Tj/Case can't beat out Fitzpatrick, imo they don't belong on an NFL roster, damn sure not the Houston Texans.
I totally agree.......as long as it truly turns out to be an "open competition.".........and I would say that a tie should go preferentially to Case/TJ
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote