View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014   #958
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 87806 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Great Post

For me the team always comes 1st.
Are the Texans truly at a point where they must decide between AJ and "the team"?

And as an aging, oft-injured and no longer fast WR, he just put together the second most productive two-year period of his career. He was also one of the reasons that this hot pile of horse poo team last season was able to be within one score at the end of several of the games.

While I expect and respect that fans are getting very emotional about AJ not being at OTA's and for the first time ever not towing the company line, I will continue to challenge the following:

That missing OTA's (a not uncommon practice with veterans) is tantamount to treason on his part and places the entire character and loyalty that he has displayed in his career into question.

That this treasonous act has in the mind of some fans taken him from being a #1 WR for the next few years that put up 109/1,400 last season to now being some over the hill hot garbage.

If a fan doesn't like AJ's actions, or doesn't now like AJ because of his actions, that is their prerogative. This MB is proof of the vast spectrum of opinions about what is going on in the heads of both AJ and the Texans.

But the hyperbole around the impact to the team and his current skill sets is getting ridiculous. IMHO, of course.