View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014   #950
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Agreed, but what do people expect they need to realize Andre is now 33 years old, having some injury history, doesn't take the top off of defenses like he used to do.

Spending 10+ million a year on aging receiver, when the draft is stocked full of up and coming receivers.. Everyone wants to do right by Andre that's fine, but if you want to win and you want to win shortly.. then dumping Andre might be the right thing..

For the team, or for Andre? You are the head coach what do you choose?
Just off the top of my head here, but...
If I'm the coach, I concentrate on coaching -up the guys that are showing up. I get them as game ready as possible, and let Andre make or break himself. I stay above the fray, if I can. When the season gets here, if Andre has come into camp, is game ready, and has competed for and won his position, He starts. If he either hasn't shown up for camp, or for any other reason is not game ready, He sits until I, the coach thinks he is game ready. If i'm the coach, I play the folks that are there and that I'm sure are not behind. Period. But then again, I'm no NFL coach with a multi-time pro-bowler who is having difficulty adjusting either...