View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014   #1384
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Things should've changed after 2010 and the Texans org would've been 3 yrs ahead of where they are now. But according to you Kubiak is the greatest.

Spilled milk
I was not opposed to Kubiak's removal in 2010. I thought it made sense. I was opposed to the idea that "anybody is better than him". I do not believe that change, in itself, is good. I thought it was bold for McNair to retain Kubiak after that season instead of feeding him to the wolves, which would have been the easiest thing to do. I still think it was a good decision, and it almost paid off with a championship in 2011, IMO. The writing was on the wall by the end of 2012, though, and I was slow to see it.

Once again, being a fan of someone does not mean you believe they are perfect, or even the best. I have a great deal of respect and fondness for Gary Kubiak and regret that things did not work out better, particularly last year. I am thrilled with the O'brien hire, and I recognize that many of O'brien's strengths are the areas where Kubiak was frustratingly deficient. I am excited to see what this team can accomplish under O'brien's leadership.