View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
It's also not a "I wish we would have gone for this-guy or that-guy point" which I thought I had made clear earlier but I guess not.
It's not clear, because you stated that you thought the Texans overpaid for Walker. That pretty much implies that you felt:

a) the Texans should have signed another player at that price for the position.

b) the Texans should have looked at cheaper alternatives for that position.

c) the Texans should have kept Walker, they just did a lousy job of negotiating.

How many teams play the 34 now that could use a guy like Gary? Not to mention that Walker is a proven 43 DT, as well. If the Texans wanted Walker, I'm pretty sure they paid him what they needed to keep him.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote