View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014   #300
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Keenum, is this another case of Chris Myers and KJax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If CK is good enough to win the starting job, he won't be on the bench. If he isn't good enough to win it outright, why play him?
Agreed. If he or Tj does not beat out Fitzpatrick, they should both be gone & we should go with Fitz & Savage as the only two QBs on the roster. We can pick up Brett Smith to run the scout team.

Quote:
Of the QB's you mentioned, I see all of them but Flacco and Bradford as Franchise QB's. They've shown they can get the job done.
All the QBs I mentioned needed (needs) help. Ryan, Newton, Rivers... we've all seen them look great on teams with good running games & defenses, and we've seen them look lacking on teams without good running games/defense.

Quote:
If the Texans are 10-6 and 1 and done in the playoffs, I get the impression from BO'B that, regardless of who's playing QB, the QB position will be evaluated just like all the other positions and if a franchise QB is available when the Texans drafted, that QB would be picked. Maybe the team wouldn't trade up significantly to get him, though.
I get that same feeling. I hope so. But does he have the clout in the locker room to pull it off? I don't think Del Rio ever recovered from his QB shuffle when Garrard played well enough to get them to the play offs & he stuck Leftwhich back in the game, or Wade benching Flutie, or to a greater extent, Chucky letting Trent Dilfer go.

Quote:
I understand your line of thought, but I'm going to give this coaching staff the benefit of the doubt for now. I think BO'B is sincere in his statements about accountability and competition. My
Your line of thought is no different than mine. May the best QB win.

However, I think they signed Fitzpatrick & not Vick to make it easier for Case/Yates to win the job.