View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014   #298
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum, is this another case of Chris Myers and KJax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Definitely won't know anything more about his potential if he's on the bench.

Kinda like Stafford, Ryan, Bradford, Newton, Flacco, Rivers.... everybody but Brady, Peyton, & obviously Luck? It's a team game, whether Case is starting or not.

See... I think "people" want Fitzpatrick to start because he is not a threat to our "future" QB. Whether we're winning or not, we're going to continue to look for a "future" QB.

If Case is winning, not so much. & regardless how well Case plays, that' just not good enough. If he sucks, fine, we'll toss him & move on. But if we're 10-6 and 1 & done in the play offs... we're going to pass on a first round QB. & some people are just not good with that.

It's like some people think we'd be better off as a franchise if we miss the play offs in 2014 & draft a QB than if Case Keenum (or Tj Yates for that matter) gets us to the AFC Championship game.
If CK is good enough to win the starting job, he won't be on the bench. If he isn't good enough to win it outright, why play him?

Of the QB's you mentioned, I see all of them but Flacco and Bradford as Franchise QB's. They've shown they can get the job done.

If the Texans are 10-6 and 1 and done in the playoffs, I get the impression from BO'B that, regardless of who's playing QB, the QB position will be evaluated just like all the other positions and if a franchise QB is available when the Texans drafted, that QB would be picked. Maybe the team wouldn't trade up significantly to get him, though.

I understand your line of thought, but I'm going to give this coaching staff the benefit of the doubt for now. I think BO'B is sincere in his statements about accountability and competition. My