View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014   #296
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Keenum, is this another case of Chris Myers and KJax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
This guy gets it...Nobody's rooting for Fitzpatrick to start...we just know what Fitzpatrick is. More importantly he knows what he is and how he likely will fit into this team's long term plans...a stop gap guy for the short term...
So why even start him? He's a 31 year old back up. Unless we're expecting him to be the next Rich Gannon (which wouldn't be bad thing). But if we know he's not going to be anything special, I don't get why we want to put him out there. He is what he is & frankly that is not good enough. We know it's not good enough.

Quote:
They say if we could just do this to the team and get better here and there he could be better. & in doing this they don't realize that not only is this the same train of thought we unsuccessfully followed with Schaub, but also everything they think would help to improve Case's play would also help every other qb on the roster too. & when you put the pros and cons up for why each guy should start over the others, Case's resume can't compete with any of the other guys with experience.....& he only slots above Savage b/c of the little experience he does have.
Well, like you said, the 31 year old is what he is. A back up. I like Tj, but the last game I saw him really play, he was tossing the ball up for Ed Reed to go get it. Last year's game against St. Louis, pretty much ended the same way. If OB can teach him to make better decisions, it would make more sense to me to start Tj.

Keenum, the only problem I've got with him is not knowing the situation & knowing when he can/should extend a play & when he can/should throw it away, or take a sack. I don't recall ever thinking, "Why did he throw that there?"

Quote:
I mean it's a very real possibility we still won't have any more of an idea of what he is after another 10 games...
& we definitely won't know if Fitzpatrick is the starter. Personally, I don't care if it's Tj or Case.

Quote:
b/c we're in rebuild mode....
Not a rebuild.

Quote:
I'd hate to trudge through another year watching him and this team getting rolled only to reach the end and still not know much more about Case's potential than we do now....
Definitely won't know anything more about his potential if he's on the bench.

Quote:
Or worse, he puts up overall mediocore numbers and we delay seeing what Savage is or hold off drafting a potential franchise guy b/c we can "fix" everything else around him to make him better.
Kinda like Stafford, Ryan, Bradford, Newton, Flacco, Rivers.... everybody but Brady, Peyton, & obviously Luck? It's a team game, whether Case is starting or not.

Quote:
It's about time the team got them a stud and started looking for 1. Savage & a few guys coming out next year have that potential...Case doesn't.
See... I think "people" want Fitzpatrick to start because he is not a threat to our "future" QB. Whether we're winning or not, we're going to continue to look for a "future" QB.

If Case is winning, not so much. & regardless how well Case plays, that' just not good enough. If he sucks, fine, we'll toss him & move on. But if we're 10-6 and 1 & done in the play offs... we're going to pass on a first round QB. & some people are just not good with that.

It's like some people think we'd be better off as a franchise if we miss the play offs in 2014 & draft a QB than if Case Keenum (or Tj Yates for that matter) gets us to the AFC Championship game.