View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014   #111
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 OTAs begin May 27

Quick Look Video: Coaches leading drills

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Quote:
DJ Swearinger likes the new D better, enjoys the flexibility of D, ability to confuse opponents/disguise looks. Now tough to pick up.

RB Dennis Johnson says every time they fumble a ball, it's a lap. RBs use slick blue sleeves on footballs in drills to make more aware of security

We're not supposed to quote coach/player convos @ #Texans OTAs. So If you go to open camp, listen to Mike Vrabel teach. Hilarious, memorable
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
O'Brien on Swearinger: He's a young player but he practices hard. He really seems to love football and that's what I like about him.#Texans

O'Brien is headed to Austin for a team function and will continue to regroup, evaluate tomorrow morning and thru the weekend before Week 2.

O'Brien says positions, including RBs, are progressing well. It's only May 29 and we have some time before we play the Redskins, he jokes.

O'Brien: We've thrown a lot of info at these guys &, to me, they've picked it up as well as could be expected at this pt. I've been pleased.

O'Brien says he saw improvement over the 3 days this week. Was pleased with Week 1 of OTAs. #Texans

O'Brien: I have 350 songs on my iPod. Pretty random. I just make sure it's clean. #Texans

Texans playlist today: Rihanna, Pearl Jam, Darius Rucker, Macklemore, Swedish House, Fuel.
Drew Dougherty @DoughertyDrew
Quote:
O'Brien included WR Andre Johnson "when he comes back" in that group of names who are leaders on #Texans.

"We have pretty good leadership on this football team."-O'Brien on #Texans. Mentioned a dozen names after that. [Lechler, Watt, Cushing, Reed, JJo, KJ, DJ, D.Brown, Myers, QBs, and above...]

O'Brien: #Texans DE Jared Crick has been here every day this offseason. Watches a lot of tape on his own.

O'Brien on #Texans WR DeVier Posey: Fun guy to coach. Asks a lot of questions. Progressing well.
Dave Zangaro @DZangaro
Quote:
O'Brien is talking about iPads and now much easier it makes it to carry around. Remembers think playbooks being carried around. Install things quickly.

O'Brien said the learning process is a part of the evaluation process. Said it's important to see how they implement things they've learned.
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Jadeveon Clowney and Tom Savage were not at #Texans OTAs today. They are in Los Angeles for the 20th annual @NFLPA Rookie Premiere.

https://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/...e-Place-in-LA/
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Rookie NT Louis Nix Louis Nix twisted his ankle and missed #Texans day 3 of OTAs. Should be good for next weeks OTAs.
Greg Bailey ‏@GregBailey13
Quote:
#Texans safety DJ Swearinger: I'm a pro. It's my job to know. That follows nice praise from Bill O'Brien. He really likes DJs passion.
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Texans rookie C James Ferentz, Kirk's son: "In Iowa it probably carries some weight,down here I don't think anybody even knows where Iowa is"
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Alan Bonner said he is "Having fun with the game." Said this reminds him again of his college days. More work out of the slot. #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 05-29-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote