View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014   #110
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 OTAs begin May 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Then why not just use the Mr Irrelevant pick on him instead of "reaching" with the 135th Draft pick ? Obviously my point is that if O'Brien saw potential, what other team(s) might see the same thing and draft Savage before the Texans made their move. Nah, I don't buy it, O'Brien took him with the thought that he's a real long shot who might pay off in a few years as maybe a reliable backup.
If he sees a QB prospect he sees as a realistic candidate to be the Texans starter, he'll use atleast a second-round pick on him.
I really dont think it is about that, people get to caught up in college stats and BS. Savage did not play a full career. My thinking is that BOB knows if he had that he would of been a 1st round pick. Thats how i see it. Not to mention Savage wasnt exactly a nig name teams were throwing around. I think we took a chance hoping he would still be there in the later rounds and he was.