View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014   #291
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum, is this another case of Chris Myers and KJax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
My perception of the situation is that the Case love has started reaching VY Fanboi status and others are naturally gravitating toward supporting Fitzie because they are tired of hearing all of the apologetics and excuses for Case.

I doubt a single poster on here is rubbing one out over the possibility of The Amish Rifle being the Game 1 starter. No one.
This guy gets it...Nobody's rooting for Fitzpatrick to start...we just know what Fitzpatrick is. More importantly he knows what he is and how he likely will fit into this team's long term plans...a stop gap guy for the short term...possibly an experienced back up long term. That same role seems to be earmarked for Case as well...but b/c he's got a few pretty stats, folks in here don't want to accept that.

They say if we could just do this to the team and get better here and there he could be better. & in doing this they don't realize that not only is this the same train of thought we unsuccessfully followed with Schaub, but also everything they think would help to improve Case's play would also help every other qb on the roster too. & when you put the pros and cons up for why each guy should start over the others, Case's resume can't compete with any of the other guys with experience.....& he only slots above Savage b/c of the little experience he does have.

I mean it's a very real possibility we still won't have any more of an idea of what he is after another 10 games b/c we're in rebuild mode with a new offense in which case the overall process has likely set his potential growth back another year....if he hasn't already peaked to begin with. I'd hate to trudge through another year watching him and this team getting rolled only to reach the end and still not know much more about Case's potential than we do now....Or worse, he puts up overall mediocore numbers and we delay seeing what Savage is or hold off drafting a potential franchise guy b/c we can "fix" everything else around him to make him better.

It's about time the team got them a stud and started looking for 1. Savage & a few guys coming out next year have that potential...Case doesn't.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote