View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Day 3 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
yes SB nice work. had a feeling about Savage too when O'Brian caught his pro-day then evidently worked him out individually, basically his first contact with a QB prospect the entire draft process, meaning all ready on his radar. watched a couple game tapes, most impressed with his performance against Notre Dame.

Can't believe Smallwood or Bullough went undrafted, at least we got one of them in free agency, both have potential to make it.

Pagan never jumped out to me, of course whiffed & been disappointed with Alabama prospects before. has versatility to play 5 tech or nose, good rotation guy just don't see him as starter material, has some kind of shoulder or medical condition keeping him out of rookie & ota's.

out of this draft I'm most concerned about secondary talent, depth. expect next class to db heavy.
I believe BOB had QB rankings of

1. Bortles
2A. Garappolo
2B. Savage

I look for Bullough not only to make the team but eventually become a starter. (Cushing's yearly injury)

Pagan has 1st/2nd rd talent. He doesn't have much experience but has the size/strength that you look for to hold up against double teams that 5 techs routinely face.. He is also a pretty tough guy, playing thru a serious shoulder injury. (Which shoulder did he injure?) Hopefully it's the one that will allow him to play RDE.

I had Goodsn as my nickel back, Smith chose Hal. Hal has more experience and has the same stature as Goodson. You cant go wrong with all things being equal taking a guy from Vandy.

I definitely agree with the 2015 draft being DB heavy. I also think UDFA Williams has the ability to become a starter some day. So maybe CB wont be as big of an issue as we think it will be.

Over all my view of the draft is that the Texans filled many needs that have gone too long without being filled and added much needed size/toughness that the Texans have never had. If Savage hits this will be a franchise changing type draft.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote