View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're saying that in essence the Texans signed Walker to a 3 year, $18 million contract. If you think it's a bad deal, who else would you prefer the Texans had signed? They had to have a starting LDE, right?
I'm saying that if he can give us three years it WON'T be a bad deal. That way we'd only have to eat $5.5 million in dead money when he can't answer the bell in '07 when he's 34 years old and even more beat up. It's a mental cost-benefit analysis - nothing more complicated than that.

It's also not a "I wish we would have gone for this-guy or that-guy point" which I thought I had made clear earlier but I guess not.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote