View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014   #333
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 4.135: Tom Savage QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I love Troy Aikman & don't mean to berate his legacy in any way.

But...

He had Mark Tuinei, Nate Newton, & Emmit Smith (not to mention or take anything away from Stepnowski, Gogan, & Williams). They'll make any QBs job a whole lot easier. Emmit may not have been as flashy as Barry Sanders, but he's the best closer the NFL has ever seen.

I'm saying that Aikman was an NFL-ready QB coming out of college... I'm not arguing whether or not he belongs in the HOF. My point is that those college QBs that have all the pieces in place entering the draft are few and far between... and, the Texans have never had the opportunity to grab one of them, despite the fact that they have had the 1st pick three times.